Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that specialises in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental and facial irregularities. It involves the use of braces, retainers, and other appliances to correct teeth that are crooked, crowded, or misaligned, as well as jaws that are out of position. The goal of orthodontic treatment is to improve the patient’s bite and overall oral health, as well as enhance their appearance. Orthodontic treatment can be used for both children and adults, and typically requires regular visits to the orthodontist for adjustments and monitoring.
Want a beautiful smile. Check out our Six-Month Smile.
It is a clear braces system that uses plastic tray aligners to straighten your teeth. There are many advantages to this treatment. This clear brace system can be far less painful than traditional metal braces because there are no metal wires or brackets. Also, because the teeth are straightened gradually but consistently with the tray aligners, there is no sudden pain of getting the wires tightened. And the clear braces are invisible! No one knows you are wearing braces, so you can feel free to laugh, smile and get your photo taken.
And these clear braces are easy to use. Just keep them in your mouth unless you are eating, drinking or brushing and flossing your teeth. They are convenient, too.
- The cost of orthodontic treatment varies depending on case complexity and the type of treatment. On your consultation appointment you will be given a detailed quotation.
- Fees include the provision of one set of retainers and retention supervision for 12 months following appliance removal.
- Interest free flexible payment plans are available to help spread the cost of treatment. Treatment is payable as follows: 30% deposit and the balance over 12–24 months depending on the treatment plan. Monthly payments start at €100.
- Tax Relief is available on orthodontic treatment at the standard rate allowing patients claim back 20% of the costs.
We provide a full range of orthodontic treatments for children and adults, including Damon Braces, Clear Ceramic Braces, Invisalign®, IncognitoTM Lingual Braces and 6 Months Smiles Braces.
How can teeth be straightened in only 6 months?
The 6 Month Smiles revolution employs the latest technology and techniques in dentistry to move your teeth quickly and safely. The key components of the treatment are the special use of nickel-titanium wires and a primary focus in moving only the teeth that show when you smile
Do 6 Month Smiles braces damage the teeth, roots or gums?
There are no more risks of root damage or other issues than those associated with traditional orthodontics. Since the forces used with 6 Month Smiles are lighter and teeth are seldom extracted, there are even fewer risks involved with this treatment
6 months sounds good, but will I still have a mouthful of metal all the time?
No! The brackets are clear, and the wires are tooth coloured, making them barely visible. These are nothing like metal braces
Will I have to wear a retainer?
Yes, as with any teeth straightening treatment, a retainer is necessary to maintain the straighter position of your teeth. There are 2 types of retainer – a removable clear plastic retainer worn at night or a bonded retainer attached to the back of your teeth
Why haven’t I heard of this before?
6 Month Smiles is a revolutionary system straight from USA changing the face of Irish dentistry. In fact, it is a tried and tested technique that has been around for over 20 years. Being a forward-thinking practice, we thought 6 Month Smiles would benefit our patients
How are 6 Month Smiles more comfortable than regular braces?
6 Month Smiles use low forces to move teeth more comfortably. Many people think that accelerated treatment is achieved by simply “tightening” conventional braces to speed up the teeth moving, but that is not true. 6 Month Smiles utilises standard orthodontic mechanics but with an emphasis on the cosmetic appearance of your teeth rather than the position of your bite
So, what’s the catch?
Genuinely, there really is no catch! If you are an adult (18 years and older) with crooked or spaced teeth and you’re not looking for a major alteration to your bite, then this could be the solution for you! Most adults ARE candidates for 6 Month Smiles
Teeth straightening with clear aligners.
Why do patients choose braces over traditional braces? Here are some reasons:
- Caps are barely noticeable, so adults are not ashamed to wear them.
- The bag is comfortable to wear. They do not cause pain, do not irritate the gums, do not scratch the cheeks and lips.
- Graves treatment is usually shorter and requires fewer visits to the doctor.
- When necessary, for example on special occasions, the grave can be removed by the patient.
- People wearing tombstones do not have to change their daily habits. They can eat their favorite foods and exercise as usual.
- Teeth straightening with graves does not complicate general oral hygiene.
In our clinic, the smiles of patients become beautiful and healthy using “Ordoline” – a new generation of teeth straightening with graves. Thanks to innovation, digital planning and the integration of numerous orthodontic tools, Ordoline can treat even the most complex cases of crowding and malocclusion. Thus, situations that were difficult to solve with older generations of teeth straighteners can now be successfully applied to Ordoline. Your new smile is just a few steps away!
- Consultation and diagnostics. The doctor will examine the current condition of your teeth and bite and perform a dental scan.
- Digital treatment plan. The team of experienced “Ordoline” dental technicians and orthodontists will prepare a treatment plan together with your doctor. On your next visit. Your doctor will present this plan to you and show you what results you will achieve after completing this treatment.
- Making graves. “Ordoline” will make and send the graves to your doctor. The doctor will give the grave to you, along with all the necessary instructions.